I was struggling to come up with a blog post for this week, never mind the two I had hoped for, until I remembered that TWOTALL4UFOOL had nominated me for a Sunshine Blogger Award ages ago and I could finally get round to answering those questions. So thank you for the award and for giving me something to write this week. Also if you aren’t familiar with TWOTALL4UFOOL’s blog then go check it out for thoughts and reviews on games and tech.
So as part of the blog award there are some rules, as I had mentioned in my previous award posts, but let’s make a note of them again.
Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer.
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blog Award log in your post and/or on your blog.
I got 11 questions to answer so let’s get down to it.
1. What is the most important thing you have learnt since you started blogging?
There are a few I could suggest here but I think the most important is to remember to be true to yourself and continue to write for you, which may not necessarily always be what readers want but you need to like what you produce. Also I want to mention that inspiration can come from anywhere and to get involved in the community as the community is fantastic.
2. Is there anything you want to do with your blog that you haven’t done yet?
Plenty! I kept my options open when I started the blog, everything quite plain and simple with my headers and logos on social media as plain as the blog look. I didn’t want to risk spending ages on something that I then decided wasn’t for me. Then I had a slight quiet period in October/November when there was a lot of personal stuff going on. Going through that made me realise how much I loved blogging as I missed it when I wasn’t active, even though I was only a new blogger at the time. Anyway going back to the question at hand, yes there is lots to do with the blog that I haven’t yet starting with the design of it including the header and logo I use on social media. I want to be consistent in branding and for it all to look a bit better than my blog name typed in Paint. I just need some time and skill to do this. I also want to do things like a 30 day challenge, maybe some collaborations and try to get myself into a regular posting schedule. This is all probably going to take some time, I don’t know when it will be done but someday hopefully.
3. What are some of your favourite blogs to read?
I may have mentioned them a few times before and I think nominated them all for various blog awards but my top 10 blogs, in no particular order, are Later Levels, Adventure Rules, Dragon’s Tea Party, Lightning Ellen’s Release, Shoot the Rookie, Thero159’s A Reluctant Hero, A Geeky Gal, OverThinker Y, Hundstrasse and GamersUnitedGG. I could seriously list so many more but cut it at 10. There are just so many great blogs out there.
4. Have you ever done a guest post for any other blogs out there?
Not yet, but never say never.
5. If you weren’t blogging as your full time job or hobby, what would you be doing?
I’m by no means a full time blogger but if I wasn’t blogging as a hobby I would still be playing games and trying to talk to people about it. I’d probably find some extra time for some of my other hobbies though if I wasn’t spending that time writing for this blog.
6. If the two of us were to play a video game together which one would it be?
I like a mix of games so as long as you weren’t hoping to play a horror game I would be ok. I’d probably suggest some form of racing game as that is nice and competitive and a good laugh. That or Sea of Thieves so we could sail the seas together and get lots of treasure.
7. Besides blogging and your niche what are your other hobbies/interests?
Lots of different arts and crafts and taking photos. My go to craft at the moment, if I have the time, is cross stitch as it requires the least work space compared to the others. I really need a good table or desk for some of the other craft things. I am also partial to building Lego sets as they are so much fun.
8. What do you like about my blog?
I like your passion as it is clear that you enjoy what you blog about. I also like the design for your blog as I think it works nicely for you. I also really like that you highlight other blogs and YouTubers on your blog to showcase the community and maybe someone will find a blog/YouTube channel that they didn’t know about before because of you.
9. If we were to go to a concert together who would we see perform?
I’m not very up to date when it comes to music so don’t expect much from me on this question. That said I would probably choose someone that I (badly) sing along to when I hear their songs on the radio or I put their music on. That person is Olly Murs.
10. What is your favourite thing to watch on TV?
I really enjoy crime dramas. I’m currently rewatching Criminal Minds as I love it. Sure it may not be the happiest of programmes but it is so good.
11. What do you enjoy the most when it comes to blogging?
I love the community of bloggers. They are the best bit. I love writing and putting my posts out there (and playing games and counting it as research), but easily the most enjoyable bit is interacting with the community. Seeing what everyone else is up to and writing about is fantastic as well.
I’m going to cheat with this one though. I will pose questions (which I am also slightly cheating with) but I am not nominating anyone else. I honestly can’t remember who I have nominated before and I don’t want to duplicate. However, if you wish to answer the questions below hello dear reader you can consider yourself nominated. Do link back to me so I know who (if anyone) has answered my questions as I want to know what you say.
The questions I leave are:
1. What’s the most important thing you have learnt since you started blogging?
2. What is the best bit about blogging for you?
3. Do you have any blog goals for this year and if so what are they?
4. If you were able to blog full time would you?
5. What inspired you to start blogging?
6. Is there anything you want to do with your blog that you haven’t done yet?
7. What is the last game you played?
8. What is your favourite game that you have played this year so far (doesn’t need to be a 2018 release)?
9. What game surprised you the most?
10. What is a game you thought you would enjoy but didn’t?
11. Is there a game that you haven’t finished yet but want to, if so what is it?
Let me know if anyone answers my questions.